Without getting too mushy- which is almost impossible when I start talking about my baby girl- I have been thinking about how fun it is having Elle around. She is a joy. She makes life fun. Her hugs can bring me to tears and when she says, “mama” I melt. I am so glad that she chose me to be her mama.
She has taught me a lot of things in her very short life. I wanted to take a little time to list a few of the things that I’ve learned from my very awesome kid.
- Wear the fancy dress/outfit/shirt! Even when you have “nowhere” to go.
- Stop and smell the flowers. All of them. Take your time.
- Take risks.
- There is joy to be found amongst the seemingly mundane.
- Get your booty outside. Daily.
- Take every chance you can to cuddle. If there isn’t a chance, then take matters into your own hands.
- Books are best devoured while sitting in (very, very) close proximity with the ones you love.
- Laugh. A lot.
- Smile and say “hi” to people.
- Hold on to the stuff you want but don’t be afraid to let go when it’s time.
- Drink TONS of water.
- Eat when you’re hungry and stop eating when you’re full.
- Be as helpful as possible whenever possible.
- Focus fully on whatever you are doing while you’re doing it.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for what you want.
What sorts of things have you learned from your kids? I’d love to hear about it in the comments.