1. Yoga. Specifically YogaStudioApp. I got this app as one of the free downloads from Starbucks but it’s worth it to purchase it, too. Why? Because I’m much too competitive to go to a regular yoga class. When I’m in a legit yoga class, I feel like I need to be able to do all of the things that the old people are doing but better. Except that I’m not bendy. And I can’t do it better. And yoga isn’t about competition…or is it? I totally want to kick people’s butt at yoga so I must do MY yoga at home where the only person I can compete against is myself (and Laila Grace. She has a pretty solid downward facing dog).
2. Walking. For some reason, the thought of going running makes me feel nauseous. I don’t know why. It’s really strange. I want to love the exercise that I choose to engage in so I’ve been choosing to walk lately. I usually carry Laila Grace on my back in the mei tai (so she can see everything) or on my hip in the ring sling baby carrier but since she’s bigger now (a whopping 21 pounds…almost) I sometimes put her in the BoB Revolution SE (stroller) and take her for a stroll to the end of the street and back. She loves being able to see everything. And I love sharing something that I love with my girl.
3. Eating In-N-Out. Yep. It’s like my new favorite thing. I wish I never tasted those delicious burgers because now I am most certainly hooked. This is NOT a good thing. And their french fries. So yummy.
4. Sewing. I have always wanted to learn how to sew. Last year, my mom bought me a vintage machine and had it serviced at a reputable shop. I just recently got around to using it. Let me tell you, sewing in a straight line is not nearly as easy as I thought it would be. So far, I have made two bibs for Laila Grace. Sewing is kind of fun when I’m not making a crap ton of mistakes.
5. Quality time with my little family. I don’t know if it’s just because I’m a stay at home mama and wife now but, man, do I crave QUALITY family time. It is nice to go for a walk with Wes and the baby. Wes and I just talk and joke and laugh. There aren’t any distractions like the TV blaring in the background or the computer or the iPad or phones. Just us. Enjoying one another. That is my favorite.