1. Yoga. Specifically YogaStudioApp. I got this app as one of the free downloads from Starbucks but it’s worth it to purchase it, too. Why? Because I’m much too competitive to go to a regular yoga class. When I’m in a legit yoga class, I feel like I need to be able to do all of the things that the old people are doing but better. Except that I’m not bendy. And I can’t do it better. And yoga isn’t about competition…or is it? I totally want to kick people’s butt at yoga so I must do MY yoga at home where the only person I can compete against is myself (and Laila Grace. She has a pretty solid downward facing dog).
2. Walking. For some reason, the thought of going running makes me feel nauseous. I don’t know why. It’s really strange. I want to love the exercise that I choose to engage in so I’ve been choosing to walk lately. I usually carry Laila Grace on my back in the mei tai (so she can see everything) or on my hip in the ring sling baby carrier but since she’s bigger now (a whopping 21 pounds…almost) I sometimes put her in the BoB Revolution SE (stroller) and take her for a stroll to the end of the street and back. She loves being able to see everything. And I love sharing something that I love with my girl.
3. Eating In-N-Out. Yep. It’s like my new favorite thing. I wish I never tasted those delicious burgers because now I am most certainly hooked. This is NOT a good thing. And their french fries. So yummy.
4. Sewing. I have always wanted to learn how to sew. Last year, my mom bought me a vintage machine and had it serviced at a reputable shop. I just recently got around to using it. Let me tell you, sewing in a straight line is not nearly as easy as I thought it would be. So far, I have made two bibs for Laila Grace. Sewing is kind of fun when I’m not making a crap ton of mistakes.
5. Quality time with my little family. I don’t know if it’s just because I’m a stay at home mama and wife now but, man, do I crave QUALITY family time. It is nice to go for a walk with Wes and the baby. Wes and I just talk and joke and laugh. There aren’t any distractions like the TV blaring in the background or the computer or the iPad or phones. Just us. Enjoying one another. That is my favorite.
1. Laila Grace.
I’ve been a little moody lately. Maybe it’s because I haven’t exercised. Maybe it’s because something is off. Either way, Elle is a ray of sunshine. It’s hard to stay in a mood when I’ve got her gorgeousness to stare at. I cannot believe she’s mine. 2. Reading. Yep. I “read” If I Stay by Gayle Forman at my friend’s suggestion. But I kind of don’t consider it reading since I listened to the audiobook. I’m a book snob. I just finished reading the sequel, Where She Went. I think it took me three days. So good. So, so good.
3. Starbucks. Because Starbucks.
4. Cooking. I’d been lagging on my cooking game since the birth of Laila Grace. Wes and I ate out a whole heck of alot and that is not at all healthy. We embarked on the Whole30 last month and that was my kickstart to cooking again. I really do enjoy it. It’s especially fun when you’ve got the cool tools and gadgets such as sharp knives, cute measuring spoons, VitaMix, food processor, etc.
5. Babywearing. I never knew it was such a big thing but I love wearing Laila Grace. She loves it, too. Sometimes I wonder if I’m making motherhood hard on myself since I have my girl with me everywhere all the time but then I remember that she came out of my womb this way. She’s always been happiest when she’s held close. Babywearing allows me to give her what she needs and wants while giving me a free hand (or two) to take care of some of the things that I need and want to do.
I’m so into it that I joined the Tucson chapter of Babywearing International. For Christmas, Wes got me a membership to the group. The membership allows me to borrow a different wrap each month of the year if I so choose. The whole “try before you buy” method. Dave Ramsey would be proud. I recently took a class to learn how I can wrap baby girl with a long piece of fabric. Now, I’ve gotta convince the hubs to invest in a wrap for me… I mean…for Laila Grace.
6. High waisted everything! I’m so glad that high waisted stuff is trendy. I’ve turned into the cliche mom wearing “mom jeans”… Or, in my case, leggings. Those moms know what they’re talking about! High waisted stuff makes it comfortable for me to wear pants. Every other clothing garment that I have hits me right in the c section incision. After about 10 minutes, it’s really uncomfortable. Mom jeans/bottoms/leggings to the rescue! Thanks to Gardenia for being my inside shopper.
7. “More” time. I’ve been doing more productive things with my time than just squandering every spare second with my phone and on the computer. I talked about that in my last blog post and I’ve been conscious of being more present. It’s made all the difference.
Forgot to post this here yesterday and this was my favorite one!
As I talked about before I really love my books. And there is nothing better than showing off what you love. I wasn’t able to get all the shelves because my room isn’t quite as…. Clean as is necessary but here’s what i got! I’ll make sure to post the other shelf when I clean because that’s the shelf with my favorite books